Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Blame Myself

I have no one else to blame but myself and Scott for letting Rylan sleep with us... It is so hard trying to get him to sleep in his bed. We have tried letting him watch tv before he goes to bed, and so far that doesn't work. He likes to get up if you don't lay there with him. What am I going to do? 3 more months and baby Levi will be here and then I will have my hands full. I just had to spank Rylan cause he keeps getting up and coming in here with me, saying " Mommy lay down with me". I told him that I could lay down with him that he was going to have to sleep by his self. He didn't like that. I have babied him to much. It's hard when it's your first. Everyone told me don't let him sleep with you, and I listened for a little bit. When he was 7 months old and got sick, that's when he started sleeping with us. I was working 10 hours a day, and Scott had work a long day, and it was just easier. Wish I could go back and change lol... I watch the nanny trying to get some tips, but Rylan is so hard headed. You can spank him and it don't phase him... It hurts him the most when you put him on his bed or set him on the floor. I have been working with Rylan for 3 night already and it's getting better though it's hard....

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! My brother and sister in law went through that. They finally just wouldn't give in. Everytime he's come back crying they would take him back to his bed. You talk about A LOT sweat and tears and hours of training but the little guy finally seen that mommy and daddy were not going to back down.i wish you all the luck and will be praying for you!
    I'm new at the mommy thing so I'm still learning of course but I got the boy I used to babysit his own special nightlight that made the stars show up on the wall and his mom said it really helped him. Every child is different though...

    ReplyDelete